To fulfil the BWM GS97034-2 fingernail scratch test and BMW GS97034-3 shoe sole scratch test, a designated model ABREX®-E is supplied to the adequate scratch speeds of 20cm/s for the fingernail PMMA scratch and 70cm/s for the shoe sole scratch respectively.
ABREX®-ABRASION, is a soft-chemo-mechanical fingertip & hand abrasion tester. The simulated wear pattern matches reality with 99% accuracy. It is a highly complex abrasion process which involves:
• A 45° angle impact driven by a dynamic pneumatic cylinder attached with a viscoelastic fingertip under a defined load;
• Then a friction rubbing or tumbling motion between the sample and a textile containing dirt, dandruff, oil, sweat or various types of testing liquids;
Followed by a retraction movement with or without the contact at the surface depending on the application.
|Friction Path||4-40 mm|
|Standard Cyclic Speed|
Abrasion, cleanability tests)
|6 ± 0.5 cm/s||6 ± 0.5 cm/s (S mode);|
20 cm/s (D mode
|6 ± 0.5 cm/s|
|Scratch Speed |
|N/A||20 ± 2cm/s & 70 ± 5 cm/s acc. to GS97034-2 for fingernail test 70 ± 5 cm/s acc. to GS 97034-3 for shoe sole test.||N/A*||N/A||6 ± 0.5 cm/s||20 ± 2cm/s & 70 ± 5 cm/s acc. to GS97034-2 for fingernail test 70 ± 5 cm/s acc. to GS 97034-3 for shoe sole test.|
|both 10mm & 20mm for 3 temperature range: -40-0o C | 0-30o C and 30-85o C||both 10mm & 20mm for 3 temperature range: -40-0o C | 0-30o C and 30-85o C|
|Liquid||Automatic | Manual|
|Fabric||Automatic | Feed Adjustable|
|Electricity||230V / 50Hz; 110V / 60Hz|
|Compressed Air||4 bar, external, oil free, water free|
ABREX®-E has two separate modes: standard ABREX and an additional E mode. Within the standard mode, various tests can be performed according to IEC 68-2-70/DIN 60068. The additional E mode is designed to simulate:
• Human fingernail scratch which occurs often in the interior parts of the car
• Shoe sole scratch test which occurs often when the customer entering the car with the unavoidable shoe sole scratch/scurff marks on the driver’s side door and the bottom part of the driver’s seat
ABREX®-E can be used for the standard finger abrasion and hand abrasion test according to many standards and specifications. With the additional E-box, two scratch tests can be performed manually.
• Scratch resistance can be evaluated with two methods:
• One stroke with increasing load until clear scratch appears;
• Repeating cycles with the same load
“Made in Germany” Engineering
It is at the heart of our family business.
We develop and produce quality testing machines for evaluation
of your materials, surfaces and coatings.
Fax: +49 (0)931 32298 – 12
Friedrich-Bergius-Ring 11 | 97076 Würzburg | Germany